La Casa del Piedone Nero is an Art House extension placed in La Marina del Cantone, Nerano. Carved into the rocks, it was designed by Filippo Alison in 1964. The seaside is 5 minutes walk from the villa with all the amenities such as bars, restaurants and traditional shops located nearby. This one of a kind and recently renovated accomodation is sorrounded by Mediterranean landscape and tastefully decorated with high design furniture drawn by Gerrit Rietveld and Frank Lloyd Wright. The residence is also well isolated from neighbors thanks to natural greenery that makes each area suitable for descreet and refined guests.
La Casa del Piedone Nero is just a few steps from the beaches. They are all accessible by private stairs and equipped with all the required comforts: paddel boat and kayak rentals are available in loco as well.
Not far from Nerano – 30 minutes walk – is the Ieranto Bay, a site of community importance included within the Marine Protected Area of Punta Campanella and safeguarded by FAI - Fondo Ambiente Italiano, where bathers can swim in the warm waters directly opposite the Faraglioni of Capri.
• Guests can relax and enjoy a wonderful breakfast outside the terrace where chairs and a small table are placed under the wisteria or leaf otherwise through some good quality book on the tiled bench right next to the flat entrance.
• The interiors are characterized by one marble fireplace, high design seats and two single beds that, if not used, turn out to be very comfortable couches.
• A non-habitable kitchen, hidden by a refined wooden pannel, is fitted with a sink, a gas hob, a fridge, dishes and a microwave.
• The sleeping area consists of one bedroom furnished with a double bed and a fully equipped bathroom with soap, shampoo and hair dryer available.
• Rooms are all provided with clean sheets and towels.
• The unit doesn’t need any air conditioning system thanks to its clever architecture and the excellent wind exposure which guarantees mild temperatures even during the warmest times.
• Access to La Casa del Piedone Nero is free for all guests and allowed through an external staircase that leads to the rooftop parking lot.
• Maximum discretion is required and respecting the principles of good neighborliness is mandatory as for the house being part of a residential complex.
Guests will have free access to the apartment, the parking lot and the shared stairs.
Aurosa and Ugo will be available on site for any help.
La Casa del Piedone Nero is not accessible to children because its architecture shows dangerous heights and risky drops.
La Casa del Piedone Nero is just a few steps from the main beaches of La Marina del Cantone and 30 minutes walk from Ieranto Bay.
• We recommend using the car to visit the closest countries.
• Boat rentals are available at La Marina del Cantone where guests can hire a gozzo – a typical italian boat – to reach Capri (30 minutes), Li Galli (20 minutes) or Positano (50 minutes).
It is strictly forbidden to smoke inside the house.
You will find a special ash-room outside.