Chateau a St Germain du Bel Air, Lot, Midi Pirenei, Francia - Posizione perfetta, ideale per esplorare la Dordogna e la regione del Lot
Camere da letto
Joanna & Bill
- inglese, francese, tedesco
In Primo Piano
Regole della casa
Politica di Cancellazione
Non è previsto nessun rimborso per cancellazioni fatte quando il pagamento è già stato effettuato.
beautiful peaceful location lovely furniture and super clean and fresh
owner very kind and helpful thanks for having us 😁
Wow: what an amazing experience!
We booked this chateau for a very special family occasion and were excited but apprehensive as we needed it to be perfect. We needed have worried as it far exceeded our expectations!
Joanna supplied us with lots of information beforehand and also answered our many queries and this was really useful as we were able to quickly locate local shops, attractions etc.
The chateau itself has large, comfortable bedrooms, many of which are ensuite, something we prioritised when booking. The lift was particularly appreciated by some older guests! There is a lot of space so that, even with 20+, no one ever felt crowded or overwhelmed. Some of the younger members of the party used the ping-pong table and tennis courts but most of us stayed in and around the pool area which is beautifully maintained and spacious.
The catering facilities are of particular note as there is a large range of cooking pans and utensils, plus many different serving dishes, crockery and cutlery. The two dishwashers are essential and a real boon.
The outside table is a superb location as we sat 23 people around comfortably and were all able to stay in the shade, a necessity as the temperature even in the evening, was over 30C.
The whole chateau and grounds are extremely clean and well-maintained: the pool in particular is spotless although the 'octopus' that swims around hoovering up is a little daunting at times! Seriously: it keeps the water immaculate at all times.
We loved the chateau and everyone who came keep telling us we couldn't have chosen anywhere better, which is some feat when the party ranges in age from 5 to 80!
If you are looking for a very, very special and unique venue with top quality attention to comfort and detail, Chateau Lamostonie is the place for you and I have no hesitation in recommending it unreservedly.
Oh how kind, Thank you Eve, we are delighted all the family enjoyed our beloved Lamostonie! Joanna S-B.
Where is that 6 star button?
My friends, family and I (14 adults, 5 children, 1 infant) spent a wonderful 2 weeks at the chateau to celebrate my 50th birthday. It is difficult to summarise the highlights but the key ones would be as follows:
• Having complete privacy in your own chateau, being able to eat, drink and be merry outside looking across beautiful French countryside while you do so and only disturbing the cows in a nearby field
• Lying on the lawn at midnight looking up at the most clear sky we’d ever seen with stars, satellites and the occasional aircraft passing by
• Eating out on the extensive terrace every evening, including having Jean-Marc and his Wife come over to cook us a lovely 4 course meal on a couple of evenings
• Visiting a local vineyard (Chateau Chambert) to do wine tasting in a beautiful setting then bringing some bottles back to drink at my birthday party
• A trip to Sarlat, a wonderfully preserved medieval town – only 45 minutes away
• Kayaking on the Dordogne – again about 45 minutes away
• Our very own very scenic tennis court where we held our own holiday Wimbledon
• Going for evening runs down the lovely country than ran down the side of the chateau and out even further into the countryside to Lamothette
• Visiting the extensive underground cave network at Gouffre De Padirac including a 1km boat ride
• The Pigoennier which housed 3 teenagers who were able to keep their own hours without disturbing those of us who keep normal hours
• Being looked after by Frederique who cared for the house and Jean-Claude who looked after the grounds. Communication was great fun, Frederique’s English is very good and with Jean-Claude our school-boy/Del Boy French always generated a smile.
• Joanna who was great to deal with leading to a very straight-forward booking from start to finish
However the best part had to be the pool. Heated to around 27C it was always a great temperature for jumping in and cooling off without a huge shock either during the day or at night. There is a huge area for sunbathing as well as for BBQs with lots of chairs, tables, loungers and parasols. I was able to practice my middle-aged afternoon nap on several occasions.
We were all very sad to leave and could easily have stayed for longer. The whole experience was very relaxing and the perfect tonic for a hectic life back at home. All-in-all a really great experience from start to finish.
Fantastic Chateau Lamostonie
We have just returned from a wonderful holiday at Chateau Lamostonie in which the venue far exceeded our expectations.
The chateau, put quite simply, was fantastic. The bedrooms were all lovely, comfortable and well served by the many bathrooms throughout. The kitchen was extremely well stocked and there is a second ‘butlers kitchen’ in addition to the main one. Two ovens, two dishwashers and two fridge freezers accompany the plethora of utensils etc. There is more than enough crockery and glassware is also plentiful.
We spend most evenings eating on the terrace often having used the BBQ. There are a few mozzies about but they are not excessive, my advice would be to have plenty of coils and spray to hand.
Additionally to the terrace there is the dining room which we used when we had a more formal meal cooked by Jean-Marc. This we dressed up for and we certainly overindulged, finishing with a slightly raucous party in the cellar.
We never used the drawing room or music room/study as the weather was too lovely.
Finally there is a well provisioned laundry room in the basement which those with children were extremely grateful for.
The Tennis court is lit at night and was heavily used throughout. We spread various other games across the lawn and the pool (which was a lovely temperature and got warmer during the week thanks to the weather) was well stocked with inflatables for children (found in the pool house). We also donated a couple of lilos.
We are so pleased you had a good holiday............ All points noted. .Many thanks. Joanna
Beautiful Chateau - great for large group
The Chateau was stunning. Located above a valley, with beautiful views. It was clearly well maintained and had been decorated to a high spec.
We were there as a small group of 9, but we could easily have taken a much larger group. There is plenty of space for people to sleep, and enough bathrooms etc. for everyone to use without any worries.
The kitchen had just about every utensil under the sun. Great big BBQ as well, which was used a lot!!!
We had one of the recommended chefs come and cook one evening, which was a great break from cooking and a real treat. Very high quality of food and would highly recommend this option where possible.
The pool was refreshing, but it was hot so we needed it to cool off! Very well positioned to catch mid morning sun through to sunset.
The tennis court was also lovely and light enough to play into the evening.
There are plenty of villages to visit, and activities to do (we particularly liked the caves at Lacave).
Thank you so much....... We are delighted you enjoyed your holiday!
3 miglia al villaggio più vicino con negozi e supermercati.
Situato tra i fiumi Dordogne e Lot, perfetto per esplorare la regione.