- Appartamento50 m²
- Camere da letto 2
- Posti letto4
- Soggiorno minimo2 - 7 Notti
- Tasso di risposta:
- Tempo di risposta:
- Entro poche ore
- inglese, francese, tedesco, olandese
- Ultimo aggiornamento del calendario:
- 15 lug 2018
Camere da letto
Per i pasti
Servizi sul posto
Attività di svago
Servizi Locali e Aziende
Sport e Attività ricreative
Regole della casa
Politica di Cancellazione
Rimborso del 100% se si cancella la prenotazione almeno 60 giorni prima della data di arrivo. Devi contattare direttamente il proprietario per richiedere la cancellazione.
Great for families, terrific host
Jennifer's place is homey, comfy, and roomy enough for a family (parents, two school-age kids--one girl, one boy). We booked it for the twin beds in the second bedroom which are not easy to find on VRBO, as well as the excellent rate for four in London. Our first morning there, we looked down from the sunny window and spied a fox in the garden and that was the start to a charmed stay. The kids loved having a park right next door to kick a soccer ball around in or read under a leafy tree. There is also a much bigger park a few minutes away filled with families when we visited, and yet more green spaces scattered around. (We didn't know zone 1 London was so green!)
While originally we tried to stay on the north side of the Thames, the apartment is so near to major attractions that crossing the river quickly became a non-issue and we appreciated coming home to the quiet of Chez Guinevere. You could walk to Westminster Abbey if you wanted to (two or three bus stops away); we easily walked to Westminster pier to catch a tour boat. Several useful buses are very close by, mostly double-decker which is entertainment in and of itself. The underground is a bit farther, especially at the end of the day with tired kids, but still just a 14 minute walk. (Highly recommend the TFL London app and site for the Trip Planning feature.)
I'd say that the only thing lacking is a café right on the corner but that comes with being in a more quiet residential area. We slept with the window open and what woke us up were the birds, not city noises. (Ok, there is a train nearby but the birds were possibly louder.)
Jennifer as a host is a model for hosts. Lovely to correspond with her; she possibly never sleeps. Everything is as she says it will be. Easy!
Nice flat in perfect surroundings close to Big Ben and the Parliament
We have enjoyede our stay in this cosy flat
very happy you and your family enjoyed your second stay at my place. Thanks for leaving your review.
with best wishes
The best place to stay when visiting London!
Simply put, you can't beat staying at this flat if you are exploring London. Here are a few of the reasons:
1) The owner is incredibly responsive ahead of the trip, answers questions and makes sure everything is well prepared.
2) The neighborhood is great. It was a quiet little neighborhood where we could walk to get groceries, food or whatever we needed. Most importantly :), there is a great neighborhood pub (The Windmill) just around the corner. The area always felt safe. You have a nice view of the gardens from the balcony.
3) I was not sure if we were too far out of the main tourist attractions or not before we arrived. But as long as you enjoy walking and are comfortable with public transportation, this is great. I had thought we'd be taking the tube constantly but the bus is the way to go. Bus stops are within a 3-4 minute walk from the flat and they get you everywhere. (Go to the TFL site and download a Lambeth North Spider map.) If you need the tube, the stop is maybe 10 minutes but we only used Lambeth North once. We used the tube for other trips within town but always ended up on the bus or walking to the flat. But even better is you can walk along the Thames on a nice walking area with views of Parliament, Big Ben, etc. to get up the London Eye area. It's maybe a 20 minute stroll if you are taking your time.
4) The flat itself is perfect. We are two adults and 8 and 11 year old boys. Perfect setup. Separate beds for each boy in one bedroom and a bed for my wife and I in the other. Nice living room with places to chill, place to eat and functional kitchen. Sure, some of the fixtures within the flat are not the most modern but I couldn't care less as they work just fine. But the decision on this is simple -- pay 1 1/2 - 2 times as much for a basic hotel room or have room to spread out and not have your family on top of each other and stay in this awesome flat.
5) London itself is just awesome. I could write pages on how much we love this city. The only problem is doing everything you want in the short time there. It's worth it if you're doing the traditional tourist things to do the London Pass. DO NOT waste money on its competitor the London Explorer Pass -- it only allows you into a few places and you can get into those cheaper on site (i.e. the London Eye).
In summary, there is no better option for visiting London than staying here. Book this without any concern, you will love it!
I am pleased that you had a great experience in London and enjoyed staying in my apartment.
thank you for your enthusiastic review, I am glad you loved the location and my place, because I do too! Every time I walk along the Embankment (past that terriffic café on wheels with the always smiling and friendly staff), I marvel at how kind life has been to me. It always makes me feel good seeing the Houses of Parliament, it's such a beautiful piece of architecture.
wishing you all the best
Comfy and reasonable
It's a comfy little flat, reasonably priced, and close to public transportation. Our little family of four enjoyed our one week stay there. Jennifer was accommodating in allowing us to check in a little before the scheduled time. In addition, she was always there to answer questions when we emailed her. A few suggestions I would add are: place a trash bin in each room, provide a larger drying rack (or dryer would be even better), place blow dryer in an open space (we didn't find it until the day we left because it was in a drawer), and update wifi name and password on PDF file (but Jennifer was prompt in responding when we needed her help). Overall, those minor suggestions are merely that. Not having those amenities did not impede on the way we felt about the flat. We truly enjoyed our stay. Thank you!!
many thanks for your lovely review. i'm very glad you had a happy time in my flat and in London. Thank you also for the suggestions regarding the dryer. I have updated the pdf file. I wonder, did you notice the updated wi-fi details in the attachment titled 'key box and wi-fi code' which I sent a week before your arrival?
I'm in the process of de-cluttering the apartment to make it more spacious, so Im not sure about a trash bin in each room...but all your other suggestions I will act upon.
thanks again for choosing to stay at my place, it was always a pleasure communicating with you
Great location, very comfortable without any fussiness
Jennifer is a very accessible and helpful host.
Great place to visit London downtown. Anytime again
Great place to visit London downtown. Anytime again
Altre informazioni sui prezzi
if there is a gap between existing reservations, it is possible to book for the period that is available even if it is below the requirement of the minimum night stay, I think you would need to send me an email as the website will advise you that it is below the minimumnumber of nights.