Camere da letto
In Primo Piano
Per i pasti
Regole della casa
Feste/eventi non ammessi
Animali domestici non ammessi
Età minima dell’affittuario principale:21
good housekeeping deposit
The property must be left in a clean and tidy condition otherwise a £35 per hour cleaning charge will be deducted from the deposit.
Politica di Cancellazione
Non è previsto nessun rimborso per cancellazioni fatte quando il pagamento è già stato effettuato.
Beautiful peaceful location
Beautifully located in peaceful surroundings. Clean and comfortable although a bit dated. We had 6 people in the group which was ideal. Would return again
We were quite disappointed and left after one night.
In an effort to be fair, I will start with the positives--the home is located in a beautiful area on Loch Rannoch that we would have loved to explore had we stayed longer. Also the communications we had with the host were promptly answered, and the caretaker staff on the estate were very courteous and quick to assist when we found the heater at the house was not working on arrival. That being said, I will offer an honest, straightforward list of the things we found to be greatly disappointing about the home and which ultimately caused us to leave after only one night:
- First, as soon as we entered the house we were overtaken by the strong, musty smell and the appearance of the overly-worn furniture. I understand not all vacation homes are equal, but I must say that we found very nice, comfortable vacation homes throughout our stay in Scotland at a similar price to what we booked here.
- The "welcome" book was actually quite off-putting. In other places we've stayed, we have seen the hosts take a very welcoming tone to guests--offering some house rules, but in the context of genuine hospitality. What we saw there came across as a list of "do nots" that really did not achieve an outcome of us feeling at ease there.
- The need to pay for towels and electricity, quite honestly, was not advertised in the listing--and we thought it to be an unfair practice to introduce those charges on check-in. We would certainly have brought our own towels had we known that we'd be expected to pay for them.
- Overall, the house was quite lacking in some necessities we have come to expect at other vacation properties--dishwasher soap, some basic cooking needs, etc. Not having these, or a grocery store close by, really put us in a tough spot.
- While the listing gave some idea of the water quality and pressure, we found the experience of boiling everything and fetching clear water from the spring to be a bit more than we were up for dealing with.
- The hob in the kitchen is simply unusable for cooking a decent meal.
Maybe some travelers can put up with these things, but our sincere hope is that the hosts can offer better conditions and greater attention to hospitality to future guests.
What can I say to this, well on the guise of seeming to be fair with the approach its quite clear that this review was an attempt to discredit the property and downgrade the review system.
Place was good but very inhabitable
9 of us went. Almost everyone that lived in the house had this rash (bumps all over the skin) and the little flies were annoying. I could attach pictures if there is a way to show the rash all of us had. The views were good and the place was very quiet with good walks around the loch.
The place feels very dated. The gutters were not cleaned and we had this horrendous leak at midnight which kept us up, when mentioned got told that it will be repaired but no apology given.
The hob was an absolute joke to use. That is one of the most things that needs replacing. If the charge is £200 a night you’d expect the sofas and all the other aspects to be habitable.
Apart from that we had a good time...
The bedding stuff are the most likely cause for this rash all of us had as they looked like from the 1900’s. good for the look not for the feel.
Property in Pitlochry, Scotland
Very nice location. Property is big and comfortable, but need more attention to refurbish the house. Specially locks and door handle in the bathrooms.
Apart from that this property is very good place to stay.
We have enjoyed well and come back again.
Thank you for the nice review. Yes the property could do with a little more tlc, but being booked so much by large families it really gets some use and by the end of the season we will be doing a few jobs to refurb. Its definitely a really comfortable house in a stunning location that is priced accordingly, its not 5* luxury but that would cost triple the price per night anywhere else. Great you wanted to come back, we look forward to seeing you again.
Basic but comfy
Owner is very communicative and helpful. The beds and bedding were comfy and great quality - we all had great sleeps after a day out trekking!
There was just about enough cooking equipment for ten of us. I wish we had known about the water situation ahead of the visit so we could have been better prepared with water bottles, especially with having a handful of youngsters in our group. But the spring across the road was lovely water to drink. Magazines inside are years old and very out of date, we would have liked some board games or something for the evenings but luckily a member of the group had uno. So if you are planning on going, take something with you if you want an evening game or something to read. The house was plenty big for ten of us for sleeping, eating and relaxing. We were a group of kids and adults. We weren’t squashed in at all. Gorgeous bit of the country
Really glad you enjoyed this property and location. We will take up your point about the board games etc, the trouble is we get families with young children that usually book this property and hence pieces from games get played with and lost so we end up throwing out, so we need to get a new supply and keep on top of the replacing.
Good space in the house but in need of an upgrade.
Check in process really easy. The space in the house is good. Everything you needed was in the kitchen. The property is in need of an update as it’s very out of date and it needs a good airing as there was a musty smell. We had issues with no hot water it did get fixed but did take until about 3pm the first day to get a hot shower. The property owner was quick with a response to get this sorted.
Glad you found the house spacious and well equipped, we do plan on upgrading a few things but the price is very low for the amount of accommodation in such a stunning area. The peaty water even though filtered still blocks the shower from time to time and we sorted this as soon as it was reported, we do however note in our listing we are on private water supply with high peat content so this can happen occasionally.
Sebbene rurale, la posizione centrale rende molto accessibile visitare la Scozia. A 12 miglia dalla stazione ferroviaria di Rannoch, che parte ogni giorno dal treno diretto per Londra via Glasgow. 2 ore in auto per l'aeroporto di Inverness e Glasgow ed Edinburth 2 ore in auto. Città di Perth 1 ora e 15 minuti.